About Me

My photo
I love the back garden at my parents place, and I love the view from my London roof space, and I love waking up on the floor of a flat in LA, and you don't know any of these things.

Friday 20 August 2010

London: Camden Town.

Camden WAS my favourite place in London. It's very easy to go there, all you can do is take the Northern Line (the black one) and the station is called Camden Town (not very difficult at all...) but I suggest to you to stop at Mornigton Crescent because is there where the Camden High street begins. (in Mornigton Crescent there's my favourite place to party in the city....it's called KOKO and it reminds me l'Apolo de Barcelona :) )
The first time I was in London (5 years ago) the market was better than now...It sells nothing of substance at all, no authentic goods, no vintage clothes, no rare records (basically none of the things the world thinks it sells!) All it seels are Doc Martens! Don't buy any of the "vintage" dresses that you see...because you can find the SAME ones in Petticoat Lane Market (london east), and they are cheaper and exactly the same! Moreover in the night you have to avoid drug dealers and homeless begging money.....Once I was asked if I had MDMA...I was like "whaaaaaat?? Do I look like a drug dealer????!!"
The only think that I really love in Camden are the pubs...my favourite one is called THE HAWLEY ARMS, if you are lucky you can see Pete Doherty (my boyfriend) or Amy Winehouse partying hard....Last week I saw Amy Winehouse with her friend Mischa Barton enjoying a pint!
The Stables are nice too, are near the Regent's Canal, the place is called Camden Lock and they were a Stables a few years ago, nowadays there's PROUD CAMDEN GALLERIES inside, is the place where the best emerging bands and arstists play in the UK...are the real indie ones :D Moreover there's a huge exposition of rock band's pictures.
I suggest to you to go to THE DUBLIN CASTLE too, its cheap (3 pounds) and there's good music there!

Regent's Canal + Aina (my UGLY flatmate :P)  
Just on the right there's the Hawley Arms, on the left there's CYBERDOG, the strangest store in Camden...you are not allowed to take photos inside, But I did it :P 

I don't know how to describe CYBERDOG...it's like a futuristic frikie store...the first time I entered there I was really SCARED!


The Stables and Proud Camden Galleries (once I was with my PARTYMATE Alice jumping in the white sofas and losing all our dignity...I will upload the photos someday ^^)

1 comment:

  1. I want you to bring me to all of these places!! kuan hi tornis vindre amb tu haha he anat dos cops a londres pero no he vist res de tot aixo mes que res perque era molt petita i pk anava amb els pares..there's noo way!pero si ara si que hi ha way d'anari!

    xoxoxoxo

    nay.

    ReplyDelete